Pages

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

HOW SHE BLEW THAT POPCORN STAND

It all starts here. A fifth generation Californian, I was done, done, done with the congestion, the waiting, the 120-miles-per hour-screaming-in-your-face culture---the aggression, the competition. I was exhausted. The beautiful agrarian culture I grew up in was slammed down by high technology, seemingly overnight, and I felt like I had fallen down the rabbit hole in my own town. OUT! But where? Where can I go to find a simple way of life, affordable housing, good university, a state capitol but not a major metropolitan area, lots of natural beauty, fairly decent climate, and a lot of good democrats? CHA-CHING!! Little Rock, AR. I sold my over-priced house, packed up my old station wagon, bag, baggage and beagle, shipped some things to Little Rock, picked up my daughter in Santa Monica and started the Road Trip to the Promised Land.

Look for my series of short stories that chronicle these adventures. You won't be disappointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment